The Dove Academy Trust and BRandH Academy Consultation
Since the beginning of the academic year, the Dove Academy Trust (which currently comprises of High Coniscliffe CE Primary School and St Mary’s Cockerton CE Primary School) and BRandH Academy Trust (which currently comprises of Heighington CE Primary School and Bishopton Redmarshall CE Primary School) have been exploring opportunities to strengthen and expand our individual academy trusts. This process has included conversations with the Diocese, the Local Authority, the Department for Education’s Regional Schools Commissioner and a range of local partners.
Following this process, from Thursday 18th January 2018, we began formal consultation with parents, staff, unions, Local Academy Councils, local parishes, local schools and other stakeholders on proposals to merge our academy trusts into a single multi academy trust (MAT).
Consultation will close at 5pm on Tuesday 6th February 2017.
The move to a formalised partnership for all four schools has the potential to strengthen each of the schools involved through:
· Structured opportunities to utilise the individual strengths and context of each school
· Shared and enhanced best practice to benefit our pupils, retaining each school’s individual and unique identity whilst working in a more formalised partnership of four schools
· Heightened local and regional profile due to the schools coming together
· Considerably strengthened capacity for school improvement and support within the MAT
· Expanded opportunities for staff development and career progression as well as recruitment, training and retention of staff within the MAT
· Improved financial capacity and resilience, especially for our schools that are “village” schools.
The proposal supports our mission as a Church of England school and provides for a more formalised approach to our existing partnership, with the opportunity to secure more tangible benefits as a result of being a single employer etc.
We believe this is an exciting opportunity for our school community which will further advance the educational experiences of our pupils.